Grants & Fundraising
Each quarter AARPCV donates funds to a Peace Corps Partnership grant, supporting the work of Volunteers across the globe. Money for grants is raised through a special Grants Fund separate from AARPCV's general donations and memberships. While there is no minimum-maximum size, most grants average from $500-$2000 depending on the amount requested and funds available.
AARPCV looks for varied international and domestic project opportunities benefiting different groups of people, in keeping with the spirit and idea of Peace Corps. The persons requesting funds must demonstrate commitment to the project by providing community labor, monetary contributions, local resources and/or training.
We encourage projects submitted by Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and current Peace Corps Volunteers from Georgia.
AARPCV looks for opportunities to:
- Provide total project costs
- Fund start-up project costs
- Expand or replicate a successful project.
The prospective project will be evaluated for its potential to meet as many of the following as possible:
- Be technically and economically feasible.
- Improve the general welfare of the community.
- Ensure that all those actively involved in the project will benefit from the results.
- Address community needs.
- Facilitate the transfer of technology, skills and knowledge to others.
- Foster self-sufficiency.
Please note: Project funding does not guarantee availability of future funds. Funding will not be provided for individuals, scholarships, travel, or general operating expenses.
Interested parties must submit a proposal which contains the following information:
Application Deadline is August 31, 2018
- Name and address of the organization.
- Local name, address, and phone when organization is overseas.
- AARPCV RPCV knowledgeable of organization and project.
- General description of the organization, including goals, purpose, a brief history of previous and current work, and source of funding.
- Organization budget.
- Project title and detailed description.
- How project meets Selection Criteria (outlined above).
- Key personnel and their responsibilities for the project.
- Project budget in detail.
- Amount and purpose of funding requested from AARPCV.
- Detailed information of how funds will be transmitted to the project via a bank or financial service.
- Letter of project approval from host country Peace Corps staff (for current PCVs).
Applications are limited to 10 pages. Submit applications by e-mail to email@example.com.